Arthritis means an inflammation between two joint bones and muscles. It is one of the most common diseases that attack people all over the world. In India, 10 million cases arise per year.
There are multiple types of arthritis. Each types of arthritis have different causes as well as symptoms. In this blog, we are giving such kind of information of 7 most common arthritis that helps you and your family member who is suffering from chronic joint pain.
Types of Arthritis
People who are suffering from arthritis, among them 60%-80% people have Osteoarthritis. It is one of the most common forms of arthritis that’s usually happened with aging. Cases of osteoarthritis is almost 10 million per year in India.Is is one of the most common types of arthritis
Due to aging most of people having joint pain in hands, neck, lower back, knees, and hips. Mainly cause of these types of pain is stiffness of muscles and joints losing the elasticity. Therefore, it no longer can act as a shock absorber.
The fluids having in between two joint bones are starting dissolve. As an outcome, the bone starts rubbing with each other and the chronic pain begins.
Symptoms show up for Osteoarthritis is mainly pain in joints. Earlier it is a little bit problematic but as time goes on after age 60 it occurs a big trouble.
- Aching pain
- Stiffing muscles
- Feeling pain during movement of joints
- Aching sensation feels during sudden movement of joints, especially for legs and arms.
- Cracking sound when movement of joint parts.
- Mix two cups of salt with bathwater
- Bathwater should be warm. The temperature is about 102°f or 38°c.
- Doing some exercise for removing muscle stiffness.
- Take message or therapy for those who have acute pain on joints.
- Use pain reliever ointments for getting better results.
2. Rheumatoid Arthritis(RA)
Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disorder. It is a systematic distance that affects the whole body especially the joint pain and swelling in the feet and hands. This is mainly cased chronic inflammation in organs like lungs, eyes, joints, heart.
The exact cause of this arthritis is not specially identified. But there is one theory that is possible as bacteria or some virus attacks on specific joint tissues. For that result inflammation and swelling occurs on that specific tissue.
Two types of Rheumatoid Arthritis(RA) can be developed. If a patient tested positive for protein then the factor present in blood tissue is called anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP). This factor is called the Rheumatoid factor. The factor is called for Seropositive RA.
If a patient tested negative for protein and Rheumatoid factor gets anti-CCP in blood tissue.
Then also test for clinical symptoms like X-rays. Patients who have tested negative for Rheumatoid arthritis factor and anti-CCP then they have a less amount of risk factor than the people who test positive for Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Joint pain, swelling, redness on joints.
- Muscle stiffness in early morning sudden wake-up.
- Small joints are typically affected first.
- Health effects in mouth, skin, lungs, blood vessels, and heart.
- Take Cold-Hot water impression in the specific area where joint inflammation occurs.
- As it is a bacteria infection so consult with a doctor And take some biological response modifiers to stop inflammation.
3. Psoriatic arthritis
Psoriatic arthritis is a case that seen for a patient who has psoriasis. It is a condition that combines both swollen as well as some joints of arthritis. About 1 million people are affected with this arthritis per year.
It is also an autoimmune disorder problem. It happens when the immune system attacks healthy tissue by mistake. Psoriatic arthritis is almost like rheumatoid arthritis(RA). But in the case of RA it affects inside the body especially in tissue, but in this arthritis affects both inside and outside of the body. Bumps on the skin, red patches, swelling from skin also occurs.
- Swelling skin especially on joint portion.
- Back pain
- Painful eye and redness as well.
- Swollen fingers and toes.
- Consult with doctor taking some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug .
- Taking some skin therapy for getting a low amount of swelling.
- Taking some kind of protein or enzyme to dominate the effect of inflammatory tissue.
4. Ankylosing Spondylitis
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a case of arthritis that causes mainly in small bones of the spine(vertebrae).
“Ankylosing” means fused bones or hard bone tissue and “Spondylitis” means inflammatory pain in spinal bones, that make difficulties for stretching bones and muscles. Now a days this is one of the most common types of arthritis , developed due to like style disorder and WFH.
The exact cause of Ankylosing Spondylitis is still unknown. As diagnosis by researchers that most of the people have affected with as they have a specific gene called HLA-B 27. It is a complex protein compound.
As per doctor says the immune system attacked by some common bacteria for that reason Ankylosing Spondylitis triggered and a problem. About 60% of men affects this Spondylitis than men.
Inflammatory pain and muscle stiffness specially in areas:
- Rib cages.
- Physiotherapy is the best treatment for ankylosing spondylitis.
- Take massage for the backbone.
- Stretching backbone and doing some exercise that effects backbones reduce stiffness and being flexible.
Gout is a very common and excruciatingly painful types of Arthritis. Sometimes sudden wakeup at night for some reason. Gout strikes. It mainly happens an intense pain in between joint muscles, toe, feet, including knees and ankles.
The main cause behind gout is exceeding the level of uric acid in the blood. Then the uric acid forms an urate crystals accumulate in joint muscles that are causing inflammatory pain and joint becomes hot and swollen.
There is also a reason that is overweight, dieting when eating rich in meat and seafood.
- Pain and swelling in joints of hands, wrist, elbows, knees, heels, jaw, feet, and neck.
- If the left portion is paining then the right one is also be same affected.
- Sudden wakeup in the morning stiffness is also a cause of gout.
- Take healthy vegetables and fruits that help to increase vitamin C in the blood.
- Avoid alcohol especially for those who have high pressure and obesity.
- Drink plenty of water and fruit juice.
- Maintain body weight and go for a healthy diet.
- Consult with doctors and take some medicines if you have high uric acid in your blood.
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune disease. It is a condition when the body’s autoimmune system automatically getting inflammatory and breakdown its tissues of muscles. Lupus mainly affects joints, skin, brain cells, heart, lungs, and kidney.
Mainly lupus happened for an autoimmune disorder where the immune system attacks its cells. Cause that Lupus may develop.
When Lupus patient comes into contact with environmental things like sunlight, it can trigger Lupus.
It is not an asymmetric disease. No two cases are the same. It may develop suddenly or slowly, may be temporary or permanent. The signs and symptoms will depend only on which body immune system attacks itself.
- High fever.
- Joint pain.
- Flying butterfly-shaped rash and red spot on skin mainly on the face.
- Burning sensation when comes out on sunlight.
- Breathing problem.
- Currently, there’s no permanent cure for Lupus. But when Lupus occurs consult with healthcare providers regularly. They give you the exact solution for a better cure.
- Lupus changes over time it may increase or decrease doing some proper medication and adjust the dosage of medicines.
- Take proteins, vitamin C, calcium.
- Doing some exercise.
7. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis(JIA) is one of the most common types of arthritis seen for kids and teens. It is caused by chronic pain in the joints of hands, knees, elbows, jaw, and wrist. It is also known as Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
It is also an autoimmune disorder when the immune system attacks its cells and tissues.
- Joint muscle pain starts when we wake up early in the morning.
- Stiffness of muscles.
- Fever rashes on skin.
- Consult with a doctor, he might want to know the health report of the child, how long pain lasts.
- Physical examination for joint swelling inflammation.
- Take healthy foods and vegetables.
As we see arthritis is a very common disease and a big issue that affects a large community of people around the world.
So everyday exercise, stretching of body parts will help you to prevent joint pain after the age of 65 and help you tackle different types of arthritis . Because after that muscles get stiffed and inflammation of joints becomes started , leading to arthritis.